Saturday 17 November 2007

Still trotting

Although I didn't take any more of those homeopathic sleeping tablets (I'm not THAT daft), I still awoke at 6 am with the stomach gripes. Do the effects of alfalfa last that long? Apparently when the cattle are put out to grass in America, all the alfalfa is cut first, as it's a sure-fire way of giving cattle the runs, and who wants cowpats that stretch from one side of the state of Texas to the other?

I've had lentil soup for lunch the last two days, but that would have kicked in long before 6 am, so it can't be that. A bug? I really don't know, so I'm sticking to one banana and a couple of slices of toast today, plus countless glasses of water.

Which brings me to a silly but appropriate rhyme.

There was a man called Dyer
Who asked to join the choir.
The vicar said, "No fear,
We don't want Dyer 'ere."

No comments: