Monday 19 March 2012

Prizewinning books

I don't know you, but when I hear that a book has won a prixe, I immediately want to know what it was about. Years ago, in the 1980s and early '90s when publishers were still buying lots of books, I was always told that I should never send in a book written from the point of view of an animal, because they hated then. That didn't stop Watership Down being a bestseller though, did it? And now here is Rhamin...

Press Release: Prizes and Awards
Rhamin By Bryce Thomas Wins The Title Of 'welsh Bestseller Children's Book In English 2012'

Posted at 6:02PM Friday 16 Mar 2012
RHAMIN by Bryce Thomas wins the title of 'Welsh Bestseller Children's Book in English 2012' at the prestigious Publishing Trade Award Ceremony held by The Welsh Books Council in Aberystwyth on Thursday the 15th March. Editorial Director, Dorothy Hamilton of Thomas Hamilton Publishers, who received the award, said, 'This success of Bryce Thomas's fabulous novel RHAMIN shows what can be achieved even with a debut novel if it is good enough.
'RHAMIN has now got a very large following of fans who are also eagerly awaiting the soon to be released sequel, RHAMIN II: Blue Tooth. His second and recently released novel, LUCY LOCKHART: The Awakening, is also showing excellent results, so we are very confident that Bryce Thomas has an extremely bright future as a popular children's author.'
When informed of the result this morning, Llanelli author, Bryce Thomas, said, 'I am absolutely amazed! For my debut novel to receive this huge honour, is a thrilling and exciting event for me. I am so glad I made the decision to grasp the pen and become a writer. I would like to thank all those wonderful readers who bought my book, and made this possible.
Further information
RHAMIN by Bryce Thomas is an adventure fantasy for all ages where the reader sees everything through the eyes of real wolves in a story packed with drama, danger and suspense; and when all hope seems to be lost, one wolf discovers that he can communicate with a young boy.
Bryce can be contacted at bryce@bryce-richard-thomas.co.uk or on 07967 345143 and he would be pleased to answer any questions.
Bryce can also be found on his Website: brycethomas.co.uk. It is well worth looking at his FAQs page.

2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

I really don't understand why it is considered so wrong to write from the viewpoint of animals do you? I like reading stories like that and I like writing them, but I rarely do because it is considered such a no-no!

hydra said...

No, I don't understand it, either. It takes a great feat of the imagination to inhabit the brain and fur of an animal so well that the reader is sufficiently convinced and empathetic to follow the story through to the end. I'm sure I couldn't manage it!