Saturday 27 November 2010

Injured!

I felt much better yesterday. My cold was definitely going. After my monthly visit to the chiropractor, I was feeling on top form and all set to buy a few more Christmas items and get some much-needed exercise following three days pent up indoors with my rotten cold.

But malign fate had something different in store for just as I was passing Maplins, my right foot landed on a wonky paving slab that was sloping hard to the right, and I turned my ankle so severely that my anklebone actually made contact with the ground. I managed to keep upright and hobble to WH Smith for some gift tags, but my ankle was so painful that I staggered to the bus stop and was fortunate enough to coincide with Mr G in his car at the bottom of the street.

Arnica and an elastic bandage are helping greatly but it will be a few days yet before my ankle will be fit enough for that exercise... and by then I'll have had my operation. What glorious timing! I think fate is fattening me up for Christmas.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Oh dear! Everyone seems to have bad feet/ankles at the moment - even your sister. Must be something in the air. (The cold air is making my injured foot play up again, btw.)

Jackie Sayle said...

Just thought, I hope your ankle's better by the time you've had your bum op., or you won't be able to sit down OR stand up!:-((