Friday 17 October 2008

Wiggin' out




My new astrology column requires a photo of moi to head it up. As Scarlet is a raunchy magazine,
most of the ladies whose photos appear in it are holding vibrators and looking perky. They are also at least 30 years younger than me. So out I went to buy some party wigs and props. The results, a friend of mine commented bluntly, don't do me any favours but boy, I had fun. Mr Grumpy did a real David Bailey, with a white sheet and a stepladder. I wonder which one the mag will choose? A zany Dolly Parton-like blonde (sadly minus famous appendages), a witchy brunette or a natural freckly ginger? As for the 'vibe'... is it a torch? A candle? I shall leave you guessing.

8 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

The blonde wig doesn't look too bad at all but the black wig does you NO favours! Will they pick the blonde with the twinkle in her eye or the Mystic Meg lookalike, I wonder? I took your photo to a hairstyles site (the black-wigged one, since it has more bare face space) and had fun playing about with different hairstyles on you. The one that suited you most was, naturally, in the red hair section and it was a short, spikey style like Sharon Osborne used to have.

I couldn't work out how to get the photos to save properly but here's the site so you can try it out for yourself if you want to:

http://tinyurl.com/5ny3t

HAVE FUN!

Jackie Sayle said...

Where's the ginger pic., MrG took?

hydra said...

I've always wanted to try a short, spiky style! My dad's family were divided between redheads and brunettes. My aunt Cecilia had black hair and the black wig makes me look very like her, though the complexion is wrong. I'll post one of the ginger ones. For some reason I can't get on your blog. It keeps telling me cookies are disabled on my computer, but I checked and they're not. Very strange...

Jackie Sayle said...

That's odd re. the blog. I've occasionally been getting a cookies disabled message when I try to go into Facebook. I just ignore it and carry on and seem to get on there okay.

hydra said...

It's working again now. Must have been just a blip.

Jackie Sayle said...

Right - seen all 3 pics now. You look a bit scared in the photo of yourself, as a redhead. I'd go for the blonde pic for the column if I was 'Scarlet's' editor.

hydra said...

Scared? I was trying to look mystical and far-seeing! Obviously it didn't work. Damn!

LikelyLad said...

Dahling, you may think you look like Dolly Parton in that blonde wig... but if you keep holding that vibe like that, I can assure you that you'll end up more like Kirk Douglas!
Anyway, what's wrong with ginger? At least you won't have problems with clashing collar and cuffs.