Sunday 12 October 2008

So tragic

My best friend from uni days has just lost her son. He'd just had his 37th birthday and was found dead at his flat of a drug overdose. He had his problems including the after-effects of a bad road accident, but he had a loving girlfriend with whom he was planning a future and had just been offered some work, so it looks as if it was a tragic accident. I feel so, so sad. He was an ff-beat genius who wrote brilliant poetry but had difficulty finding his place in the world and being accepted for what he was. He is at peace now but has left a mountain of grief behind. My heart goes out to his family tonight.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Very sorry to read this, Hydra. My condolences to you.

hydra said...

Thank you. He was my dear goddaughter's brother.