Saturday 26 January 2008

Phosphorus

My homeopathic remedy arrived by post this morning. I consulted the homeopath on Wednesday and was amazed by the detail into which she went while taking the history of my life traumas and ailments. It went back beyond my birth (forceps delivery, head injured, not seeing my mum for the first 24, or maybe it was 48, hours - maybe that accounts for the difficult relationship I always had with her, as that instant bonding didn't take place - and having arms strapped to my sides and my face slapped over and over because, having been bottle-fed, I refused to breastfeed). It went back before my birth, to when my mother was six or seven months pregnant with me and was on a Liverpool tram when a landmine exploded close by. The tremendous noise and the sheer terror must have got through to me because, all my life, I have been terrified of loud bangs, and cower indoors on bonfire night. I can't even pull a Christmas Cracker!

So I now have to take Phosphorus 30 three times daily - and have been told I must give up coffee for the next month while I am taking the remedy. GIVE UP COFFEE! My mid-morning coffee is something I look forward to even as I am drinking my breakfast tea. How will I get through the next four weeks?

I have also been told to avoid anything peppermint flavoured. My travel companion is always a tube of Trebor Mints. What can I replace it with? And my toothpaste has to go. I have to track down a non-peppermint one. Life sure ain't going to be easy...

No comments: