Monday 14 January 2008

More stomach trouble

Six blissful stomach ache-free weeks on the probiotics and now this. A niggly pain on Saturday, a worse one on Sunday that kept me awake most of last night, and now several ghastly runs to the loo and cramps. Either it's a virus - and there are plenty doing the rounds; I'm still coughing and spluttering from the remnants of my cold - or else my stomach has decided it doesn't like probiotics any more.

I have been digging around in the Internet and opinion is divided as to whether one should carry on taking them, or stop once you start feeling OK. Anybody know? Anyway, nothing has passed my lips today apart from two cups of tea. Yes, I know I shouldn't have had milk and sugar... Funny thing is, when I'm in Turkey, I drink black tea, but it's in teensy glasses, not whacking great mugs. A mugful of black tea is horribly bitter.

I had to cancel a visit to my chiropractor this morning. I'm sure he wasn't too pleased at having his schedule upset but the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. I mean, face down on a treatment table in a hospital-type gown that opens down the back. Not! Well not. Not in a squillion squittery years.

No comments: