Wednesday 8 April 2009

Anudder bloody code!


I've only just got over one, the wretched fluey thing that lasted for a fortnight and caused me to a) miss a meeting with a literary agent that I've never managed to reschedule because she's too busy, and b) lose a holiday in Cornwall which I'd paid £120 in advance for, in train fare and deposit on the b&b. And now I've got another. It's just not fair. It's Easter, I've got friends coming to stay, I don't want to be red-nosed and streaming, with aching limbs and a head full of snot. 'Snot funnny!

I'm taking a multivitamin with 1000mg of Vitamin C in it, a Vit D supplement and regular doses of Nat. Mur, a homeopathic preparation that is supposed to dry up the mucus. But nothing's working., not even Hot Toddies.

Come to think of it, so far this year I've had: two attacks of the winter vomiting bug, one gastric bug with bright green poo, two colds, eye problems, tooth problems, and it's only April. Usually, I get one cold every two or three years. I must be extremely run down. I blame my sudden exposure to small children for all this. Having lived in a toddler-free bubble for most of my life, I am now having regular contact with the infections little so-and-so's and I've never been iller! Roll on a retirement complex for the over-50's. But they'll probably have visiting grandchildren who'll sneeze all over the communal areas. Can't win, can I?

No comments: