Friday 27 April 2012

A typical Saturday.

Finished an editing job. Went to the Post Office. Got two heavy bags of shopping from the Co-Op and galloped home with them, trying to beat the rain clouds (made it, just!). Did the vacuuming. Fed Flad. Fed the fox - twice, as the first time she took the grub off to the cubs. The dog fox put in an appearance, too.

Made a cherry cake... OMG, time to check the oven! Dashed downstairs, cake OK, 11 mins to go. Dashed back upstairs. Remembered I have to sort out an outfit for the funeral tomorrow of my old neighbour from Highgate days, who has sadly just died aged 86. Realise I forgot to dust the stairs. That's the next job after the cake is done.

And I wonder why I I'm tired by the evening! Meanwhile, what has Mr Grumpy been doing? Fitting a new sink in the butcher's shop, that's what. Hope he brings some nice chops or a steak home. So does Flad. And so do the foxes!

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Did you get any steak?

hydra said...

Nope! Nor did Flad and the foxes :-(
In fact, all we've done all day is row because he tried to fix my computer and everything went wonky and he blamed me. Grrr.

Perovskia said...

Grr.