Monday 2 April 2012

Listless and lacklustre...

What lovely, alliterative words and how well they describe how I'm feeling. Someone at my birthday party gave me a very unwelcome gift in the form of a sinus-y cold. I have now passed the aching and shivering stage and have the head full of porridge stage. I've got through a box of tissues in the last two days. So apologies for not having written anything.

On the upside, I've used my days in to trawl through my bags of summer clothes and divide them into three heaps: car boot, Ebay and charity shop. The latter have already been the lucky recipients of three bagfulls (should that be bagsful?). I have things I bought new three years ago but haven't worn due to lack of summer. Let's hope last week wasn't this year's summer!

It's decidedly chillier now and the wind feels as if it's come straight from the freezer, yet as I walked to the post office, I was following two young girls in strappy t-shirts, short leggings and plimsolls. I was like the other old ladies, muffled up in jeans and a fleece, no longer struck by the need to brave the elements in order to parade my assets.

The teeth dramas are still ongoing. I have told my dentist that there is no way I can pay £1400 for root canal treatment. He has offered to take the tooth out for £240, which is what the dentist before him charged for taking out the tooth that had given me trouble for three years, and is the reason why I left that dentist, in the mistaken belief that a local one would be cheaper than a central London one. I have two more dentists to try. One is an NHS one who is advertising for new patients (does that mean he is no good and everyone has left the practice?) and the other is a Denplan one and I have been on Denplan before. £36 per month, but that covered nearly everything. Neither can see me for a fortnight. My teeth have a habit of flaring up over Easter. Either way, I feel crucified!!!

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I think you're going to have to travel to an NHS dentist (they're not too hard to find) and pay £48 or so. I also think you're going to have to find your own place, stop paying those ridiculous storage charges and free your money and your soul up again.

Perovskia said...

I'm with Jacula.

*hugs* Feel better soon.