Wednesday 4 November 2009

A shock in the dark

Went to bed, then remembered that the forecast for today was good, and that Mr G might just put a wash on, never thinking that I might have some extra things for it. So I got up, padded barefoot through three rooms into the kitchen and deposited sundry items into the laundry basket. I was halfway back when my toe nudged up against something small, soft and warm on the floor, about the size of a small rat.

When I went to bed, there were two cats in the house, Flad plus The Lodger (aka Chimimi - she's a pedigree Bengal). My mind instantly formed the equation: 2 + cats = 1 dead rat. I screamed and dashed for the light switch, only to find it was the warm sock I had recently taken off and had dropped halfway to the kitchen. Doh!

4 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

That IS funny! I'm still chuckling.

hydra said...

I'm doing my best to cheer up, though another hour and half of root canal surgery this afternoon (very painful despite three injections) did it's best to reduce me to tears again. Now it feels as if the new filling is a great big boulder that stops my teeth closing properly and hurts every time I try. Bloody dentists! How are you?

Jackie Sayle said...

Oh, poor you. A nasty afternoon indeed! Sorry I haven't had an hour to spare to chat yet - I've been extremely busy catching up on work after the holiday.

hydra said...

No worries! I shall be here most of the time. x