Tuesday 24 November 2009

Latest from Cumbria

My sister sent me this email from Patterdale earlier today...

It's pelted down all day again and I'm quite shocked to see the floods are rising again, more than a foot of water outside the church already and building up. I had to go into town (the long way round) - the lake road is closed and long sections of the outer tarmac rim have collapsed into the lake. Waves are lapping over the edge, & there is debris all over the road; they came thru in a bulldozer and worked on it all day, but now it's all starting again!

Water is now covering their car parking area. They're in Patterdale, just by Ullswater. I hope they
won't get flooded but the forecast isn't looking good.

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. Being flooded is NO fun, as I know from past experience.

hydra said...

When and where did it happen to you?

Jackie Sayle said...

I'm sure I've told you? Our house was flooded by surface, river and sewage water 4 times.