Wednesday 30 September 2009

The last rays of summer


Next door's Bengal cat, Chimimi, mother of their other three beautiful felines, is quite well camouflaged amongst the drooping leaves of our cherry tree. (Not one cherry this year. Mr G pruned them severely last autumn and this year they developed leaf curl and were colonised by loads of ladybirds.) Chimimi is a fiendishly bright little cat. She can get into anything. We came down one morning and found that she had opened the breadbin and was asleep on a loaf. I was stroking her this morning, stopped to sip my tea and she gently patted my hand. I stroked her again, and told Mr Grumpy, who didn't believe me, until I stopped stroking and he saw her pat my hand again. No doubt about what she wanted!

5 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

My friend Deric Longden's Mum's cat used to like sleeping in the bread bin. If you saw 'Lost for Words' the TV adaptation of Deric's book, you may remember it.

http://tinyurl.com/y98e7vq

hydra said...

I never saw Lost for Words. Wish I has! I'll look at your link now. Thanks!

Jackie Sayle said...

Pity it's a B&W photo, or the hair colour would give you away.

Jackie Sayle said...

That comment was meant for the school pic not the cat. LOL

hydra said...

I'll give you a clue. I am wearing a grey jumper knitted by my mum, with white lambs on the front. (Cue for magnifying glass...)