Tuesday 1 September 2009

EastEnders stole my clothes!






It's happened again! No sooner do I start wearing something than a character on EastEnders appears in the same garment. It's as if there is a tunnel at the back of my wardrobe connected to the TV studio and every so often they go in and help themselves.

It started with an M&S t-shirt (see first pic.) I wore it, then Jane appeared on screen in it. Next, Stacey's mum Jean appeared in a top of mine (the purple one). Now, it's my black and white cotton dressing-gown that I bought specially for holidays as it's so light and folds down to nothing. Zainab's wearing it! Sadly, the younger, slimmer characters like Dawn Swann and Chelsea never borrow any of my clothes.

Now, EastEnders characters aren't famous for their good fashion sense so does this mean I have rock-bottom taste in clothes? (Perhaps...) Or does it just mean that, like most of us who are not blessed with millions in the bank, they shop at the high street chainstores? Yes, that must be it - phew! But I do wish they would wash and iron my clothes for me after borrowing them!

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

This did make me chuckle, Hydra. I remember buying some butterfly hair clips only to see 'Hayley' wearing them in Coronation Street. I never wore them again.

hydra said...

I know how you feel! I've chucked out the T-shirts now but I'm keeping the dressing gown even though I shudder every time I see Zainab wearing it!