Wednesday 1 April 2009

A date at the dump?

Now, Mr Grumpy and I never go anywhere together, apart from the supermarket. I can count on one and a half hands the number of times we have been out for a meal in the 12 years we have been seeing one another. There was one trip to the cinema to see the first Harry Potter Movie. Two trips to a local theatre to see blue comedians. That's it.

Today, he actually asked me if I would like to come out with him. My ears pricked up. I started considering what to wear. Was he offering to take me for lunch in one of the nice riverside pubs? Had my luck changed?

No, it hadn't. The destination was the dump, and the car was full of rubbish. Is he trying to tell me something?

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Oh dear!

Did you view that house in Bounds Green?

hydra said...

No. I looked closely at the map and saw that it backed onto railway lines. Not the kind of peace and quiet I'm looking for!