Thursday 16 April 2009

Cheesy dreams


On Minday night I decided to use up two organic potatoes left over from my Abel & Cole box. I baked them, and spread them with Roquefort cheese (sheep's cheese, which I prefer to cow's) and had them with salad and a slice of ham. Delicious. I only intended to eat one, but greedily polished off the lot.

Well, I can now report that the old wives' tale linking eating cheese at bedtime with having nightmares is true. I awoke shouting after a dream in which I was about to get shot. Then I went back to sleep and had dream after vivid dream. The last was the most interesting as it involved me becoming the singer with a band of oldies like myself (this was probably influenced by the episode of Lewis that I watched on Sunday involving an ageing rock band). We were all dressed in weird costumes meant to disguise our wrinkles. I was dressed from head to foot in diaphanous white, with a filmy veil, and I'd christened myself Ghost.

In the morning, I thought 'what a brilliant name to record my spooky songs under'. So in a few months' time, you may be able to find my on YouTube, filmed from the rear, in white net curtains and lace gloves, playing the piano and singing songs like Moonchild and Creatures that the World Forgot, under the name of Ghost. You heard it here first!

No comments: