Wednesday 27 August 2008

Cat-sitting

I'm off to Camden Town tomorrow to look after my friend Jill's two cats till Monday. One of them has thyroid problems and needs a pill twice a day. I have never, ever managed to get a pill inside a cat. When it came to giving Flad his worm pill, I bought some Tab Pockets on the internet. These are tasty, squidgy cat treats that you mould around the pill. It worked a treat! He noshed it without even noticing, then avoided cat biscuits for three days, no doubt associating them with the painful, worm-expelling effects of the pill. I must remember to take them to Camden with me. I only have three, though, and the number of pills to be given the cat over four days equals eight. Even I, with my wobbly grasp of Maths (45% for O level) can see that this doesn't quite work out. Someone suggested crumbling the pill into a blob of butter and smearing it on the cat's leg. I shall do this as a last resort, when I have no fingers left. The things one does for one's friends!

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

Did Hydra manage to give the cat its pills? Did she find out what was lurking in the attic? Tune in nect time to find out, folks!