Sunday 24 August 2008

Grumpy Party

Yesterday was glorious and I really thought summer was back. Today it's like being plunged into drizzly autumn. What a dismal Bank Holiday! Makes me very glad I wasn't one of those unfortunates who had planned an outdoor event.

Though I'm praying for sunshine for Sept 13th. when I'm planning a birthday party for Mr Grumpy. I had the bright idea of throwing a surprise party, then realised you can't do that if you're actually living with the person. I mean, a sudden influx of sausage rolls, baguettes, cheese and wine bottles would give the game away a little, wouldn't it? Also, I don't have access to his address book so I can't ring up his friends and invite them. Now I've said that if he'll do the inviting, I'll organise the food. But he's still being grumpy about it.

Perhaps this should be the party theme. People can only come if they promise not to laugh or smile, but only sit in corners, sulk and tell everyone else to f*** off! I could get some T-shirts printed with a picture of a spud and the words GROUCH POTATO on. Or maybe I could organise the thing, then slip off to the airport with my holiday bag packed and a sneaky grin on my face and leave them all to it. Tee-hee!

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

If you want Mr. Grumpy tee-shirts go to: http://tinyurl.com/4e7pn5

hydra said...

Ooh, thanks!