Tuesday 12 February 2008

Damn the new shoes!

They looked so lovely. The perfect colour to go with jeans. They felt so comfy in the shop. Yesterday evening I put them on for a trial run, just ten mins each way down the road to buy some pasta sauce (and yes, I did get lured by the vivid yellow packaging of some lemon satay sauce - Mr Grumpy always tells me I buy food according to the cololurs on the packets - and now I'll have to buy some chicken and noodles to go with it).

Halfway back, I noticed that my socks felt damp at the back. It was so cold that my feet weren't registering pain. When I got inside the warm house - ouch! I removed the shoes and my socks were blood-stained and my heels completely skinned. Yet the shoes themselves feel completely smooth inside. I have identified the problem, of course. If you look at the pic of the shoes, you'll see that they are constructed for normal people with rounded heels that curve. My heels are straight - a congenital disorder, according to my podiatrist, whom I consulted when I damaged a foot ligament.

What star sign am I? Well, Pisces. What elses? Pisces rules the feet. 'Nuff said. Anyone like a brand new £40 pair of Clark's dusky blue shoes, size 51/2, with only one small bloodstain? (Group B, Rhesus Positive.)

No comments: