Thursday 2 August 2012

Keeping balls in the air!

So many things are up in the air at the moment that I think I had better go on a juggling course. I have book ideas out for consideration. I am supposed to be visiting my sister in the Lake District next week but I also have the offer of my friend's flat in Highgate for the same week, which would be most handy as a jumping -off point for my property search, but will my sister have time to see me the following week instead?

I have a couple of jobs in, and sick friends to visit, and the old lady next door who keeps pressing her Careline button in the middle of the night, so we have to go round and put her back to bed (she's blind, deaf and 98 and if she gets up to go to the loo, half the time she can't find her bed again; how she finds the loo is beyond me!!!).

I have lengthy emails from distant and much-loved friends to answer in kind, I have yet more book proposals to dream up... and it's all busy, busy and I'm not even finding the time to watch the Olympics on TV. I am going to the Paralympics in September, though, and am really looking forward to strolling around that super park.

Tooth is still troublesome, but I'm going to have to take the plunge and head for sunnier climes at some point this year, October maybe. I'm quite keen to visit Gumusluk in Turkey because I've heard it's full of arty old hippies like me. Maybe I'll find a beardy weirdie and never come back!



3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

I think you should go to the Lake District - you need a break!
And I don't know about athletes, but I reckon you deserve a medal just for taking care of your neighbour.
Hope you get to go to Gumusluk! x

Perovskia said...

I second what Teresa said :)
x

Perovskia said...

Wait.. can you do both? Go to Highgate then the Lake District? Both would be purposeful, productive in some way, yes? (relax time, flat-hunting). I hope you can do both. xx