Monday 6 February 2012

The teeth are gritted (even if the roads aren't).

A writing friend rang me tonight and told me about Tulisa (who?) getting a three boook deal. I can't repeat some of the things we said, which boiled down to how hard it was to get a publishing deal these days unless you were a young female celeb with big boobs, or a male comedian with a raunchy past. So I was glad to find the following blog, which expresses my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

http://www.novelicious.com/2012/02/novelicious-natters-tulisas-book-deal-with-headline.html

Am I being unfair? Or just jealous? It seems patently obvious that in these strapped-for-cash times, just plain talent doesn't cut it any more. You need a name, some fame, or even some blame.

1 comment:

Jackie Sayle said...

Tulisa (who??) I remember seeing her in the BBC documentary 'Tulisa: My Mum And Me', describing her life before N-Dubz looking after her mother who had bi-polar disorder. She's a songwriter and I think maybe she possibly can write.