Monday 6 February 2012

A walk in the snow

Although the patch of woodland at the end of the road isn't that extensive, or even that wild, I still managed to stray off the path and get lost, as the track was blocked by a fallen bough and I had to force my way through the prickly undergrowth. I could have done with a machete.

    I loved the way that having a snowy upper surface emphasised the shapes made by the boughs.








                              Something had dug for hidden treasure in last autumn's oak leaves...


                                                            Probably this little fellow!


                          The deserted playground in the park beyond the woods looked quite surreal.


                     And whatever species of canine left this footprint, it must have been huge!

As I headed for home, a pallid sun looked like the silver moon amongst the branches, turning the woods to monochrome.

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Lovely pics. I didn't go into our wood yesterday. I think it will be muddy and slushy by now.

hydra said...

I think more snow is forecast for later this week!