Wednesday 12 October 2011

Superior Joints

I read an article about a new supplement for arthritic joints called Superior Joints, sold by Victoria Health online store) and, though it was expensive (£30 for 60 tablets), I decided to try it as my fingers were in such dreadful pain. The article said that most people report an improvement within ten days. In my case, I noticed it on Day 3 - yesterday.

As soon as I woke up, I thought, 'What's different?' There was some kind of change in my body, I felt more comfortable. As soon as I started to get dressed, I realised it was my hands. The roar of the pain had decreased to a murmur. Today, I am typing much faster and my fingers, though still stiff, swollen and fused (my middle finger on my right hand has no movement at all in the small joint and only limited movement in the large one), hurt so much less that it feels like a miracle.

The remedy is based on the membrane inside an egg which contains collagen, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid. This is combined with ginger, turmeric, tart cherries (whatever they are) and something called astaxanthin. I have tried massaging my fingers with a ginger and turmeric mixture and it had no effect whatsoever, so perhaps you need to take them orally. Whatever the case, this mixture seems to work - only I shall have to win the lottery to carry on taking it, as the dosage is 2 pills per day :-(

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

Have you tried seeing the doctor about your hands? P's Mum has gold injections which help a bit. The drugs to treat it are not nice, though, causing drying up of saliva and tears.

Those tablets are expensive... but it they work... and enable you to work. Let's hope they're not like the herbal ones I took for hot flushes which worked for about 3 months and then had no effect after that.

hydra said...

You know what, Jac? I missed them for a day and yesterday my fingers were really sore again. So I shall take this lot and see if the effect continues. How very frustrating to find something that worked for a while then suddenly stopped working. I certainly don't want to take P's mum's drugs. My eyes are very dry as it is, because of working on the computer all day, and I am forever using that Optrex stuff that you spray on your eyelids.