Wednesday 5 May 2010

Hmm...

Around 7 pm there was a ring at the bell and there was a guy with a large box. Crammed into it was my 20 kilo bag of birdseed. The box had been opened, even though it was addressed to me. The guy explained that my parcel had gone to the next street by mistake and he had picked it up and delivered it on his way home.

I am most suspicious. For a start, in the direction he waved in to indicate 'next street', there is only a field. I live at No. 76. None of the streets round about have a No. 76, they're all much shorter. Anyway, who would sign for a parcel not in their name, not even in a name they'd ever heard of? The courier firm's website firmly said that the parcel had been delivered at 4.18 pm and had been signed for by 'Mr L Read'. Another 'hmmm'.

I can't help thinking someone thought, 'Ooh, this might be valuable. I wonder what's in it?' (I'm not suggesting who the someone might be, of course!), and when they opened it and found it was only birdseed, they decided to bring it round.

There is no other explanation. Is there?

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

It does sound rather odd...

Perovskia said...

...very odd.