Tuesday 25 August 2009

Another sleepless night

Didn't make it to Cornwall today. Had indigestion last night, took a Zantac, turned in around 11.30, took half a Piriton which usually gets me off to sleep, but I was still lying awake when I heard Mr Grumpy get up at 5.30. (He didn't sleep well, either, as it was so hot.)

I then dozed off around 6 and finally dragged myself out of bed around 10.15, absolutely knackered. Far too tired to face the trek to Cornwall by train. This means this week is out of the question as I don't want to be traveling back over Bank Holiday weekend and the hotel I wanted to stay in is full over the weekend, anyway. My friends have offered to put me up and they are very kind but I much prefer a hotel room where I can sleep when I want, even have a kip in the afternoon, rather than doss on a mattress on the floor in their wooden house which, though gorgeous, is completely non-soundproof! I'll get there sometime... Yawn.

No comments: