Monday 25 May 2009

Dream meanings: the hidden room




Years ago, I had a small corner in a magazine in which I used to analyse people's dreams. I'd forgotten all about it until I read Jacula's comment on my dream of hidden rooms. Turns out she has similar dreams. I started mulling it over properly and remembered that dreams are not straightforward but end to cloak their meanings in symbols. If the 'house' represents ourselves, what the dream could be trying to tell us is that there are neglected parts of our psyche that we are not exploring. Perhaps we have hidden talents, or secret wishes.

There is a wonderful clairvoyant medium in Fulham, London, called Peter McDonnell (I think that's how his surname is spelt). When I consulted him around ten years ago, he told me, "I have your mother here. She has a guitar in one hand and a paintbrush in the other and she says you're not doing enough of either of these two things." Once, I loved both painting and creating music and over the last ten years, I have not heeded Peter's/Mum's words at all. Oh yes, I have loads of excuses: I'm living in someone else's house and haven't the space or peace of mind; I have had too much work to do; I've been too depressed to feel creative. All true. But perhaps the dream shows that if I were to open up and dust away the cobwebs inside these creative rooms inside my brain, and start to live in them again, I'd feel so much better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hello hydra--this is not(i'm afraid) an interpretation of your dream.
I was googling for Peter McDonnell--can't spell it either-and got your blog.
I saw him a few times, as did several of my friends, and he was VERY good.
He's moved from his house in Fulham, and I wondered if you had any way of knowing how to find him now?
Any help would be much appreciated as I'd really like to see him again

Billie Ray Martin said...

hi liz. if you've found him i'd love to know where he is. i've been having the same problem about locating him.
thanks so much. billie

peter the entrepreneur said...

indeed I saw him a few times in the 90s

very happy if you have his new details or email?

Peter