Monday 11 May 2009

Alien dream


On Saturday night I had a very strange dream. I was in something resembling a large hotel and in one of the rooms, under lock and key, was an immensely tall being from another planet. It looked like a human female, but it had a wedge-shaped black head.

The manager came with a message. Apparently the being had asked for me, saying I was the only one it/she could talk to. When I was let into the room, the 'head' was gone - it had been an oddly-shaped space helmet - and I was looking at a ten foot tall blonde woman, pretty but not overly so. Not the creature of male fantasies in computer games. No big boobs, no make-up.

I can't remember the conversation, but towards the end of it the female alien asked how old I was. I told her and returned the question. "24," she replied. "I wish I was 24 again," I said, whereupon she touched me with a long index finger and said, blithely, "24!" It turned out that their species could cure all illness and even reverse ageing just by touch.

Then she said she had to go and led me outside. All I could see was a pile of what looked like empty white pizza boxes in a sunken yard behind the hotel. The heap shimmered and a door opened and two people in cabin crew uniform - one, a woman dressed in grey - were there to usher in the alien visitor. I waved her off, then suddenly cried, "Can I come?" and launched myself towards the spacecraft.

Then I woke up. Got up. Looked in the mirror with hope in my heart... But no, I was not 24 again. Damn dreams!

No comments: