Thursday 26 February 2009

Flad's reading

Jacula has pointed out that I didn't mention how Flad's reading went. Well, the reader told me he spoke with his eyes, which is certainly true. He can't meow, he can only say "eek", but those green liquid orbs speak volumes, as do the way his face changes shape according to whether his whiskers are poking forwards, standing straight out sideways, or pulled back. When he's happy, he goes what I call 'all pointy-face'.

She told me he was very healthy - good! - and that he is an excellent mouser but the reason he's so good as that he feels the need to earn his keep. This is spot on. When he was a feral living in the garden and we had an unwelcome lodger in the attic, Mr Grumpy told Flad that if he caught the wretched squirrel that was keeping him awake, he could live indoors. Next morning I looked out and said, "What on earth's that?" 'That' was the bits of the squirrel that Flad couldn't manage, being the hind legs, the tail and the bum. All the rest was inside Flad!

The other thing she said was that Flad wished he could put me on a course so that I could learn more of his language and be a greater part of his life. Anyone know of a course in Cat?

2 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

As it happens, I do. There's 'How To Talk To Your Cat' by Claire Bessant at http://tinyurl.com/chuxna
or Talk to your Cat at
http://www.talktoyourcat.co.uk/

Failing that, you could just ask ME!

hydra said...

Ooh, thanks! I'll have a look. I thought I knew all about how to speak to cats, but Fad obviously doesn't think so.