Sunday 1 February 2009

Chilly!

Ooh, ooh, it's minus two
and snow hath froze
upon my nose
and feline pawprints
speck the deck.
I wrap a scarf
around my neck
and on my feet
tonight in bed
I'll wear thick socks
and on my head
a fleecy hat -
or p'raps a cat...
although the sharp claws
might descend
and my hot water bottle rend,
and I shall wake,
my slumber spent
and think I've had
an accident.
And on that note
I shall decease.
I meant desist -
and I'm not pissed!
(Oh, yes you are,
says Mr G.
How should he know?
He just drinks tea.)
I think the snow's
gone to my head.
I shink I'll shtagger
off to bed.

2 comments:

Zed said...

Pished? Shurely shome mishtake....

Jackie Sayle said...

What with that, ahem, poem, the dream about snogging the cat AND falling out of bed it's possible that you're not pished but merely going bonkers.:-))