Tuesday 16 December 2008

Up all night

Went for dinner with an old friend and ex magazine colleague, her partner and another old friend, Loftus Burton from Evolution Management, an ex RSC actor who is an agent for various models, entertainers and sports stars. I hadn't seen Lofty for a few years but he hadn't changed a bit and was brimming with zest and ideas, which made me feel clapped out and quite ashamed of myself for 'giving up' and not continuing to try and make it in one way or another. Everyone agreed that I wouldn't get anywhere until I had a place of my own where I could work uninterruptedly and when I wanted, not during daytime only, as dictated by Mr Grumpy.

Came home to find the place blissfully warm. Then saw that it was only because Mr G had done a wash and the radiators were laden with jeans and socks. Tomorrow, with the washing dry, I shall be forced to shiver again. My old friends couldn't understand why I put up with it, why I was so passive. They don't know what living with Mr G is like.

I stayed up till the wee small hours watching property progs on Sky once Lofty had gone and my pal's partner had gone to bed. It was so lovely to have some 'girly time' but once I'd crashed slightly drunkenly into the guest bed, I was, of course, wide awake again and could hear the birds singing. Outside the window, not inside my head. It wasn't that sort of a night!

On another subject, until a few days ago, I could change colours and fonts in my blog. Now I can't. In fact, the colours' icon has vanished from the toolbar. Anyone know why? It really is most annoying.

3 comments:

Jackie Sayle said...

If you feel as awful as it seems you do, and it would appear that Mr.G has no thought for you, then I think it's time to find that little cottage... xxx

Re the text colour thing - make sure you're on the 'compose' tab and not the 'edit html' tab.

hydra said...

He's gone and done my head in again by giving me the soppiest Xmas card in the world, all about how my smile lights up every room, etc. Maybe he's the strong, silent type. Thanks for the tip about 'compose'. I'll check that.

Jackie Sayle said...

Hmm. We'll I'd tell him my smile would light up every room if his radiators would do likewise!