Friday 19 December 2008

Legend Press

Yesterday I had a half hour meeting with Legend Press boss Tom Chalmers. He was every bit as charming as his name suggests and in looks resembles the young Hugh Grant, complete with cheek dimple and sparkling, crinkly-eyed smile. If I was 25 years younger...

As always when I'm nervous, I went into motormouth babbling mode and could not shut myself up. How on earth, in a business meeting, did I end up talking about my massage in Cumbria from a Scottish ex-butcher who had seen 47 UFO's? As if TC would be remotely interested, unless there was a book in it. (Is there, I wonder?) When I got home, I sent him an apologetic email and now I have an entire novel to edit for him before the New Year. Not much festive yo-ho-ho and a bottle of plonk for me!

No comments: