Monday 29 October 2007

Tea tree massage for stomach ulcers

I had high hopes of a haemorrhoid-free future when I started taking Goldenseal but, as usual, I found it worked for everybody but me. The label said take one to three per day. For the first
four days I took one. Then I thought, maybe I wasn't taking enough, so I upped the dose to two. That's when I found myself going to the loo more often. Much more often. Maybe five or six times a day. The result was to make the pile problem worse, or course, so now I have stopped taking them altogether. Anyone want a three-quarters full bottle?

For the last few months, I have been having a full body massage every fortnight from Daphne, the Malaysian lady with the magic fingers. Two months ago she had the idea of massaging my stomach with tea tree oil. With closed eyes, she pinpointed exactly where the ulcer is as she can 'see' where physical problems are. Then she began to massage very gently in the direction in which the stomach leads to the intestines, and the intestines wind back from right to left.

Since she has started it, I have had very little trouble with the ulcer. In fact, in two whole months, I have only reached for the ranitidine once. This is a vast improvement on the way I have been for the last few years. Even the irritable bowel hasn't grumbled quite so much - though it did this morning after a couple of glasses of rather acidic wine last night that have also given me a headache. I'm now about to go on the wagon for a week and take lots of probiotic yoghurt. Er... maybe not. I do hate yoghurt. It's like slimy sour milk, unless it's flavoured with strawberry or something, in which case it usually tastes even worse and has bits in it too. The thick Greek yoghurt with lots of calories is OK, though, and M&S do a version which has the 'friendly bacteria' in, too. I think that's the answer. Though a nice trip to Greece itself would be even better.

No comments: