Monday 16 January 2012

Oh dear...

Since I had my grumble about not being able to write while I was editing other people's work for a living, I have been inundated with jobs. And I mean INUNDATED. They are queuing up, from writing authors' synopses for them, to editing a 150,000 word novel. The job I've just done was set in Vienna, all the chapter headings were in French and the author himself was Spanish, so all his sentence constructions were very non-English. It has taken me days to do and of course I have to slave away for half the fee as the agency takes the other half. It is extremely hard work, especially with my arthritic fingers, but hey, it's work I can do from home so I know I shouldn't grumble. But the dream of a nice long holiday is occupying my thoughts more and more...

Last week, my gorgeous god-daughter was over from Vancouver with her delicious toddler, who I am also godmother to. God-daughter (GD) is pregnant with number two, a boy this time. Perhaps Vancouver is where I shall go for my long holiday, once he is born.

Meanwhile, until I can think of a new blog topic, here is a piccy of Flad, asleep and dreaming with his tongue out. Aaaaaaah!


2 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

It's great they're queuing up, but that French/Spanish business sounds exhausting.
Definitely think you should plan your trip to Vancouver.
Gorgeous Flad, what a lovely pic x

Perovskia said...

lol @ Flad. *squeezes the Flad*