Sunday 18 December 2011

I hate teeth!

Having only just recovered from having my tooth out, I now have toothache in another tooth, the first one my new dentist worked on, giving me a nice new white filling to replace the old amalgam one. I fear I have an abcess in it and will have to be on antibiotics over Christmas, which means no nice, festive glasses of wine.

Some people can drink while on antibiotics with no nasty consequences. If I'm on ampicillin and take so much as one sip of alcohol, I get violent stomach pains. Maybe there is no abcess. Perhaps the filling got damaged while the tooth above it was being removed. My fingers are crossed that it's that, as I have a very nice bottle of wine that I won in a Tombola at a Christmas fair, that I've been saving and looking forward to drinking over Christmas. We have a friend coming to stay tomorrow who is rather partial to a drop of vino. Rather TOO partial. In fact, I'd better hide the bottle now and save it for New Year's Eve!



Here is a photo of me that was taken by my writer and photographer friend Joan - (visit her blog at www.joanbyrnesnaps.blogspot.com) - after we had been to an exhibition at the Royal Academy last Tuesday. I'm not a very photogenic person and I'm sure she must have airbrushed the wrinkles out! It looks quite festive so perhaps I'll use it for next year's Christmas card. Wonder if I'll have any teeth left by then?

4 comments:

Patsy said...

Toothache is awful, so I hope this is just a twinge caused by having work done and nothing too serious.

Teresa Ashby said...

Like Patsy, I hope it's just a twinge.

I love the photo!

hydra said...

It feels a bit better today, but it was more than just a twinge, it was hours of feeling as if I'd been kicked in the face! The tooth is painful to the touch and I am having to eat on the other side. Am seeing dentist on Wednesday.

Perovskia said...

Wonderful picture!
I hope you get feeling better and can hit back that wine ;)