Sunday 11 January 2009

Food Intolerance?

I was fine yesterday, but in the evening my tum started rumbling ominously, like a distant volcano about to erupt, and boy, it certainly did at 5 am this morning, when I just got to the loo in time. It can't be a bug because if it was, I wouldn't have felt all right yesterday. It must be something I ate, something my digestion doesn't like. If only I knew what it was, I'd be able to plan my life. Instead, I dread forthcoming dates, especially the start of a holiday, in case I am struck down and can't go and have to let people down.

The health websites tell you to test yourself for food intolerances by excluding things from your diet, then introducing them. If I was living alone and cooking for myself, I could do it. But I'm not. Mr Grumpy insists on doing most of the cooking, because he enjoys it; he is allergic to the word 'organic' and my digestion doesn't get a look-in. I am sick and tired of dragging myself around, feeling tired, lacklustre and in pain. I'm also wasting my gym membership because I was planning to go today and now feel too ill. Mr G has declared that now the temperature has climbed to 40, we don't need the heating on. What a miserable life I am leading. I can't wait to be back in control of my own heating, my own diet and my own life. But first, I must find somewhere else to live...

No comments: