Tuesday 31 March 2009

... and still continue

Went to dentist. Dentist said he was reluctant to start root canal treatment though he thought the tooth could be verging on needing it. He said he couldn't wave a magic wand and make it all right, which I suppose is what I had been hoping for, but that he wanted to give it longer, and see if either it settled down, or got worse and definitely did need root canal treatment. Which means I still have a dodgy tooth, still can't eat on the right-hand side, and am now in fear and trembling of getting dreadful toothache. With Easter fast approaching, this is not a good place to be. Plus, said dentist is going away on Friday till after Easter.

Various homeopathic remedies have been suggested - arnica, belladonna, silica - but the best thing, according to the dentist, would be Nurofen which I can't take because of my stomach ulcers. In the good old days (or bad old days as far as dentistry is concerned) they used to use oil of cloves for toothache. Maybe that's the first route to go down. Or do I mean 'root'?

No comments: